Life is a Runway: Five Days Till Sunshine + Sunday Style Link-Up Fiesta!

Minnesota was gross today. Like, really gross. It was raining all day since the temperature was at around 35 degrees. Not cold enough for snow, but cold enough to make you freeze while feeling icky at the same time. Not cool. Church was very quiet this morning. Lots of people opted to watch the service online in their jammies. I don't blame them. It was that kind of day. The day where you just don't want to get out of bed, ever. It was still a blessed Sabbath. I got to hear beautiful music, a special rendition of Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring by my husband on the flute, and a powerful message that definitely stitched a couple of new wrinkles in my brain. The primary message consisted of understanding that when the angels said, "Peace on earth," they didn't just mean a literal peace--stillness, quiet, silence. But more so, the meaning of "peace" is the blessed reality that through the humble birth of Jesus we find "peace" or "reconciliation with the Father." The barrier of sin that erected a wall of separation between God and us was torn down by the birth of that gentle baby. 
May we hold on to that peace, for "Unto us a Child is born."
dress: maxx studio, scarf: pier 1, hat: forever 21, shoes: unrestricted via tjmaxx, purse: guess, shades: jessica simpson
The outfit I wore yesterday didn't make it on the blog because of Minnesota's awful weather. It was raining all day, foggy, and just plain gross. Therefore, I couldn't take out my camera. But I didn't want to NOT do a Sunday Style fun link-up so I decided to do a Sunday throwback. This photo was taken in Miami this summer. The comparison between the sunshine state and Minnesota's weather today could not be more opposite! I am just holding in a heart-full of bouncy happy faces ready to pop out and create havoc in Miami when I arrive in 5 days. This outfit just makes me happy that I will soon be able to not wear a coat, show my toenails, and wear sunglasses for a month. YESSSSS!
Follow Lily Among Thorns (It's not a MUST, but it would be sweet!)
 Link-Up a recent outfit post. 
Grab my button  and add it to your post so others can join the fiesta as well! 
Visit each other and say hello!
Have a super duper Fun time!
Lily Among Thorns
                                                                                     

2 comments:

Hanna said...

You are adorable!! Has anyone ever told you, you look like Penelope Cruz?

Anonymous said...

The first restaurant was situated near the Six Flags Over Texas
Amusement Park

My web-site; helpful hints